What (Really) Goes Into Read Across America And Students With Autism That Works

I recently had the pleasure of being on-aid at NBC Morning News studios in Palm Springs. They asked me to come and talk to them about Read Across America Day and how to include students with Autism and other significant language disabilities participate in this day that celebrates literacy.



Read across America with Autism


So many of our students have not been taught literacy skills historically, and many still aren't included in reading activities.







I talked about a couple of ways nonverbal students can participate in phonological awareness activities.
I've been invited back for April 2 Autism Awareness (and Acceptance) Day. I'll be talking about.... you got it! AAC!












In the meantime, keep on talking!





No comments

Post a Comment