Could You Use a FREE Digital AAC Resource? Sure You Could!

 Distance learning; a term that conjures a variety of reactions in parents, speech pathologists, teachers, even students. One thing that is certain, though, is that it will be around for a long time.


Even before this pandemic, many SLPs were providing teletherapy, in part to battle the shortages of therapists in many areas of the country and also to provide more balance in their own lives.


I had begun creating some digital therapy activities last year and even as far back as 2016, but without a lot of consistency. But then came Spring this year and BAM!  There was a sudden need for more distance learning resources, and especially for AAC users.










Now, while I have always argued for creating contexts and playing with children in therapy, I know there is a need for decontextualized practice and for paper-based types of materials, but I wanted to try to keep an aspect of communication board use in as many of the materials as I could.



Last month I created this free resource that's just a taste of what I've been doing and wanted to offer it here for anyone who reads my blog. Just click the link here, sign on up for my newsletter and get it delivered straight to your inbox.


Just to let you know, I rarely send out newsletters, they are not salesy, usually contain a free resource or an interesting tip or strategy, and you can always hit unsubscribe!


So, enjoy.

And…. stay healthy!






No comments

Post a Comment