Did You Know? October is AAC Awareness Month!

 October is AAC Awareness Month, so I've come out of my hibernation to make you aware.

I'm sorry I've been largely absent this year. It's been a bad year for me medically, but I'm vowing to get back to providing information, tips, and more here.

Since we're talking about AAC this month, I thought I'd take the opportunity to tell you about "Make the Connection: A practical guide to parents & practitioners to teach the nonverbal child to communicate with AAC"

Yup, long title. Or at least long subtitle.





It was never a dream of mine to write a book, but the idea came from somewhere, and lots of people encouraged me to do it, so a few years ago I took the plunge........and actually enjoyed the process.

I had already written more than a dozen CEU hours for an on-line program, so a lot of the work was done, but it took a bit of tweaking and some additional information, and a couple more chapters were born.


So, if you're looking to up your AAC implementation game, or know parents, teachers, or paras who could use more information and step-by-step help, give the book a try.


null

No comments

Post a Comment